American Express crushes earnings expectations
American Express posted a big beat on earnings after Wednesday's closing bell.
The financial-services giant earned $1.45 in adjusted earnings per share, on revenues of $8.1 billion.Analysts had expected EPS of $1.33, and revenues of $8.05 billion, according to Bloomberg.
Its shares had fallen about 15% over the last year through to Wednesday's close. They rose by as much as 2% in after-hours trading before trading little changed.More to come ...
- Earth's satellites, power grids and planes may have more time to prepare against the threat of solar flares
- These are India’s top 10 'most livable' cities, according to the government's Ease of Living Index 2020
- Flipkart is reportedly looking to list in US via a blank cheque firm
- Smartphone brand OPPO will launch new fitness band on March 9
- Ahead of its electric three-wheeler launch, EV startup Euler Motors raises ₹30 crore