American Express crushes earnings expectations
American Express posted a big beat on earnings after Wednesday's closing bell.
The financial-services giant earned $1.45 in adjusted earnings per share, on revenues of $8.1 billion.
Analysts had expected EPS of $1.33, and revenues of $8.05 billion, according to Bloomberg.
The company reaffirmed its forecasts for full-year earnings.
Its shares had fallen about 15% over the last year through to Wednesday's close. They rose by as much as 2% in after-hours trading before trading little changed.
More to come ...
- Gen Z decoded: MTV's latest report reflects Gen Z’s behavior patterns,mindsets, habits and perceptions
- From ecommerce to payments — here are the top funded business models of last one year
- ISRO’s Aditya-L1 — All that we know about India's first solar mission
- Eightfold.ai is looking to hire 300 techies from India and across the globe
- Apple Watch Series 7 specifications leaked through an alleged internal document