America's Bipolar Winter In One Map
America's winter has been particularly mild or nasty, depending on which coast is closer.
Anchorage, Alaska, in January was warmer than New York and Philadelphia.
California had its third-driest January since 1895 while Fort Wayne, Indiana saw the snowiest month ever. And while California's drought continues, Philadelphia deals with the aftermath of an unprecedented fourth 6-inch snowstorm of the season.
Consequently, the two sides of America are experiencing very different winters.
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- Google's head of mental health and wellbeing was among the 12,000 workers laid off by the tech giant
- Mercedes-Benz says it has achieved Level 3 automation, which requires less driver input, surpassing the self-driving capabilities of Tesla and other major US automakers
- Pakistan facing worst economic crisis ever as its rupee plunges, says Asian Lite report
- Inflation in India expected to come down to 5 pc in 2023 and 4 pc in 2024: IMF
- Sensex, Nifty50 fall erasing opening gains – six out of nine Adani Group stocks decline
- These are the brands that make shopping easy for customers
- Indian economy retains its crown as a bright spot: IMF report