Amitabh Bachchan now holds all three Padma Awards
Today two of the living legends of Indian cinema, Dilip Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan, were felicitated with Padma Vibhushan awards, the second highest civilian honour of India.
Dilip Kumar, who is unwell these days, could not attend the award ceremony but Amitabh Bachchan was there and looked dapper in a black bandgala. Even his son Abhishek Bachchan and maternal grandson Agastya Nanda were wearing black bandgala, and came across as the close-knit family that they are.
Also present from the Bachchan family were his wife Jaya Bachchan, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and daughter Shweta Nanda with husband Nikhil Nanda.
The megastar had tweeted about the ceremony a day before, after he attended the rehearsals.
One thing to be noted is that Amitabh Bachchan now holds all three Padma Awards, Padma Shri (1984), Padma Bhushan (2001), and now Padma Vibhushan. He is only the third Indian actor to have been conferred with all three Padma Awards, the first two being Akkineni Nageswara Rao and Zohra Sehgal.
T 1826 - Rehearsals at Rashtrapati Bhavan for the Investiture Ceremony tomorrow. . PADMA awards ..!!! I just love and admire protocol ..!!!— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) April 7, 2015
Image courtesy All India Radio News
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19