An all-women list for the highest civilian honours from India's Sports Ministry
- All the nine athletes recommended for
Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushanand Padma Shriare women, reported the Times of India.
- Boxing champion,
MC Mary Komis nominated for Padma Vibhushan.
- P V Sindhu, the first Indian to win gold at BWF World Championships is nominated for Padma Bhushan.
Boxing champion, MC Mary Kom is nominated for Padma Vibhushan. The government had earlier awarded her with Padma Shri 2006 and Padma Bhushan in 2013.
Further, P V Sindhu, the first Indian to win gold at BWF World Championships is nominated for Padma Bhushan. She earlier got a Padma Shri in 2015.
The other seven athletes in the list are: Wrestler Vinesh Phogat, table tennis star Manika Batra, T20I skipper Harmanpreet Kaur, hockey captain Rani Rampal, former shooter Suma Shirur and mountaineer twin sisters, Tashi and Nungshi Malik, said the report.
The Indian government awarded three sportspeople with Padma Vibhushan -- Chess champion Viswanathan Anand in 2007, Sachin Tendulkar in 2008 and Sir Edmund Hillary in 2008.
Sports Ministry has sent the list to Home Ministry. The government will announce the award on the upcoming Republic Day.
A look back at PV Sindhu journey to be India's first badminton world champion
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies from COVID-19 in Florida
- Assam registers record 1,202 new COVID-19 cases; tally crosses 11,000-mark
- Delhi govt asks DMs to start COVID-19 survey outside containment zones
- 1,168 new cases in Pune on Sat, COVID-19 count now 27,311
- Nitish Kumar, 14 Bihar CMO staffers test negative for COVID-19