An external review of the controversial UVA rape article reportedly skewers Rolling Stone
The review was conducted by Columbia Journalism School dean Steve Coll and follows significant criticism that has been targeted at Rolling Stone for months. Many of the details reported in Rolling Stone's original story - including one student's story about her alleged gang-rape at a UVA fraternity - have been disputed and proven unable to verify.Rolling Stone writer Sabrina Rubin Erdely, as well as the magazine's editors, have been criticized for not reaching out to Phi Kappa Psi, the fraternity accused of perpetrating the gang-rape on UVA student "Jackie."
The upcoming Columbia Journalism School review "offered a blunt indictment of Rolling Stone's reporting and its violation of journalism ethics," according to Byers. He reports that Rolling Stone will publish a significant portion of the external review next month.We've reached out to Rolling Stone for comment and will update with any statement we receive.
- L’Oréal Paris and ambassadors Aditi Rao Hydari, Sobhita Dhulipala, Shakti Mohan and Mithali Raj share their heartfelt gratitude for heroes on International Nurses Day
- This cryptocurrency is valued at $45 billion, and it's just a day old
- India's geo imaging satellite launch delayed due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Gartner report reveals global chip shortage may continue till Q2 2022
- COVID-19: Gurugram, Faridabad and Sonipat districts in Haryana worst hit with new infections