An F-16 fighter pilot is stuck dangling from a live electricity line after a crash in France
- A Belgian Air Force pilot is stuck suspended from a electricity wire in rural France after an F-16 jet crashed on Thursday.
- "One of our F16's crashed near Lorient in France. The pilots left the plane using their ejectable seats," the air force tweeted.
- Photos posted to social media appear to show the pilot suspended between two pylons, damage to a farmhouse, and badly scorched ground.
- French media report both pilots are alive and that the jet crashed into a house in Pluvigner, Brittany, at around 10:30 a.m.
- A National Police spokeswoman told The Associated Press no injuries were reported among residents.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
An F-16 fighter pilot is currently stuck dangling from a live electricity line outside a rural French town after the jet crashed and they ejected from the plane.confirmed on Twitter, writing: "The pilots left the plane using their ejectable seats."
Photos posted to social media show what appears to be a pilot hanging from an overhead electrical wire.
A National Police spokeswoman told the AP no injuries were reported among residents in the area.
This is a developing news story, check back for updates.
Breaking: A Belgian F-16 fighter jet has crashed in #Pluvigner in western France .- News_Executive (@News_Executive) September 19, 2019
One of the pilots is caught on a high-voltage electricity line and rescue efforts are underway. pic.twitter.com/3HKrfxSsXU