An HGTV star who's invested in over 100 properties says one day of the week is best to buy a home
In fact, between a Saturday and a Monday - just two days - the market drops by nearly 1% every week, the HGTV star tells Torabi: "If you think about the average home price in America being around $350,000, you're going to save $3,500 on average by putting offers in on a Monday versus a Saturday."Why is early week the ideal time frame?
Homeowners are "distracted with work and the kids' routines," McGillivray explains. "They're probably not getting a lot of other offers on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, so chances are, they'll very quickly and efficiently entertain your offer. A seller is much more difficult to negotiate with on a weekend than they are on a weekday."No promises you'll save $3,500 by buying on a Monday, but it's worth a try.
- UP to have cold chain space for 1.23L litres of vaccine
- Wuhan authorities now find Covid-19 on imported frozen food
- From WhiteHat Jr, Big Basket, and Unacademy to Dunzo — these are the Indian startups that reported data leaks over the past few months
- Chennai volunteer for SII's Covid vaccine claims Rs 5 cr compensation for health complications
- ASEAN distances from China's Covid vaccine diplomacy