An Israeli Airstrike In Syria Killed A High-Level Hezbollah Commander
Jihad Moughniyah was killed with four other members of Hezbollah when his convoy was hit, the sources said. His father, who was on the United States' most wanted list for attacks on Israeli and Western targets, was assassinated in Damascus in 2008.At least one Lebanese Hezbollah commander was killed on Sunday when an Israeli helicopter fired two missiles in the Syrian province of Quneitra near the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, Lebanese sources close to Hezbollah said.Advertisement
Hezbollah, a Shi'ite Muslim militant and political group, is fighting alongside forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad against an insurgency. The group also fought a month-long war with Israel in 2006.
(Writing by Oliver Holmes; Editing by Alison Williams)More to come.
- Google Cloud's Confidential Computing encrypts customer data in-use
- Spotify’s new feature wants point Indians to ‘top’ and ‘trending’ podcasts in India
- Bihar’s 15-days lockdown: What’s allowed and What’s not
- Barbeque Nation IPO must be priced the same way as its menu—value for money
- 95% of the Assam Kaziranga national park's area flooded, 51 animals killed