Super 30 founder Anand Kumar to teach Maths at Harvard and MIT-backed education portal
AdvertisementAnand Kumar, the founder of
It was in 2002 that Kumar had established Super 30, offering
edX also offers a few free courses, said MIT professor Anant Agarwal’s letter to Kumar, highlighting the similarities between the format and purpose of edX and Super 30. Reportedly, he added that by working together, they would be able to benefit a large number of students from across the world.
Kumar, who wanted to get into Cambridge University but couldn’t because of financial issues, said that it was heartening that institutions like MIT and Harvard were not only praising his efforts, but were also trying to make him and Super 30 a part of their system.
"I am very happy that an organisation like edX is working with positive thinking about poor and disadvantage groups. I am thinking on the offer. Let's see how I can help students from across the world," he said.
Popular on BI
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn