And Now Comes The Cool Part Of The Economy...
Nobody is going to deny that post-crisis recovery has been disappointingly slow by almost any measure.
But it might not have to stay that way.Investors and analyst Conor Sen has a great piece up on his blog about the handoff from "recovery" to "growth."
"Growth" is the period of building brand new assets.And there are signs that's happening now.
One bullish sign is that in recent months there's been a major acceleration in loan growth at commercial banks.
Meanwhile, as Conor notes, private residential and non-residential fixed investment remain at shares of the economy that are associated with extreme downturns.
Loan growth is picking up. Wages are rising. And investment remains extremely depressed. The recipe for the kind of real Growth people have been yearning for may be here.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry