Another Polar Vortex Is Coming To The East Coast
"A cold mass of arctic air will bring temperatures that are 10 to 30 degrees below normal across the northern third of the U.S. on Monday," the weather service said.
The upper Midwest will be hardest hit, with temperatures of 20 to 40 degrees below normal for this time of year.
By Tuesday night, many eastern states should be feeling the cold, which the Climate Prediction Center says expected to last into the first week of March, according to USA Today.
The polar vortex first made headlines in early January when it brought tundra-like temperatures to huge parts of the nation. This weather phenomenon is caused when a huge mass of very cold air - normally trapped over the North Pole by spinning winds - splits apart and and plunges toward the equator, bringing a blast of freezing air down through northern Canada and into the the United States.
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani