Another Polar Vortex Is Coming To The East Coast
"A cold mass of arctic air will bring temperatures that are 10 to 30 degrees below normal across the northern third of the U.S. on Monday," the weather service said.
The upper Midwest will be hardest hit, with temperatures of 20 to 40 degrees below normal for this time of year.
By Tuesday night, many eastern states should be feeling the cold, which the Climate Prediction Center says expected to last into the first week of March, according to USA Today.
The polar vortex first made headlines in early January when it brought tundra-like temperatures to huge parts of the nation. This weather phenomenon is caused when a huge mass of very cold air - normally trapped over the North Pole by spinning winds - splits apart and and plunges toward the equator, bringing a blast of freezing air down through northern Canada and into the the United States.
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Reliance is reportedly planning to launch JioPhone 5G in India at a very affordable price