Anyone with Capital One miles who's eyeing a trip to Australia might want to jump on the transfer bonus with Qantas that's happening right now
- Some Capital One cards, including the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card and the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business, earn miles that you can transfer to airline programs.
- The mileage transfer rate to these airline programs is either 2:1.5 or 2:1, depending on which program you're transferring to.
- The standard rate for transferring Capital One miles to the frequent flyer program of Australian airline Qantas is 2:1.5, but Capital One is currently running a 33.3% transfer bonus for transfers to Qantas.
- Until October 31, your Capital One miles will transfer to Qantas at a 1:1 rate.
Capital One Qantas transfer bonus details
Occasionally, Capital One (along with other credit card issuers) runs transfer bonuses that give cardholders extra airline miles when they move over rewards to a specific frequent flyer program. Currently, it's offering one such bonus for transfers to Australian airline Qantas' loyalty program.Until October 31, when you transfer Capital One miles to Qantas, you'll receive a 33.3% bonus. This means that during the bonus period, the transfer rate for Qantas will effectively be 1:1. After the bonus ends, the transfer rate will go back to 2:1.5.
Qantas' Frequent Flyer program isn't known for offering especially generous mileage rates, but if you have a lot of Capital One miles and are eyeing a trip to Australia, this transfer bonus will certainly stretch your rewards further. Plus, you can also transfer Amex and Citi points to Qantas, so if you come up short with Capital One miles but have points from a card like the Platinum Card® from American Express or the Citi Prestige® Card, you could make up the difference.
How to earn Capital One miles
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card ($95 annual fee; waived the first year) - Earn 10x miles on paid hotels booked through hotels.com/venture and 2x miles on everything else
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business ($95 annual fee; waived the first year) - Earn 2x miles on all purchases
- Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card (no annual fee) - Earn 10x miles on paid hotels booked through hotels.com/venture and 1.25x miles on everything else
- Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business (no annual fee) - Earn 1.5x miles on all purchases
- What's the best airline credit card?
- The best cash-back credit cards
- Southwest credit card review
- Best credit card reward programs
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
Please note: While the offers mentioned above are accurate at the time of publication, they're subject to change at any time and may have changed, or may no longer be available.
- Marketing in the times of COVID-19: Urban Company
- Sensex rallies over 400 pts in opening session; Nifty tops 9,100
- Amazon engineers behind Kindle, Echo working on Covid-19 testing tools
- DMart’s management painted a scary picture of the next few quarters — the shares of Radhakishan Damani’s company fell 5%
- Dabur Chyawanprash was in the minds of immunity-seeking Indians amid COVID-19 lockdown— the earnings will show if they bought enough of it