Total Recall: YSR is back in Andhra wins 21 seats, routs Naidu
AdvertisementThe people of Andhra Pradesh have routed the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) as YSR Congress won 21 states in the Lok Sabha polls. They are also leading in one more. TDP on the other hand had won three seats only
However, it is to noted that TDP had a vote share of 40% which is very high for a party which barely won any seats.
Assembly elections brought more bad tidings for TDP head Chandrababu Naidu as he lost his Chief Minister's seat as well. Even while counting was underway, Naidu tendered his resignation to the governor late evening yesterday.
YSR Congress led by Jagan Reddy is all set to finish the line with 151 seats in its kitty, having won 150 already. TDP has won 21 and debutante Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena Party has won only a single seat.
As per exit polls
At least three exit polls had predicted that Jagan Reddy and his party YSR Congress will overtake the Telugu Desam Party (TDP). While India Today predicted a clear win for YSR-C, a few others believed they will remain head to head. Some even foretold a fractured verdict in the state, as Reddy banked on his late father Y S Rajasekhar Reddy’s legacy to win votes this election.
BJP, fielded its own candidates this time, with no partner; was expected to get only one or two seats in this state.
Andhra Pradesh went for polling for all its 25 Lok Sabha seats during 2019 general elections and the results are hotly pursued now. The major contenders in the state are the four parties including TDP, YSR Congress, INC and BJP. All these four major political players in the state have adopted their best winning strategies to bag as many seats as possible to send maximum number of representatives to the Lok Sabha. Who the 2019 election results will favor is a question triggering curiosities all over. Kambhampati Hari Babu of Bharatiya Janata Party won from the Visakhapatnam constituency during 2014 general elections.
In this constituency, the BJP has now fielded D Purandeshwari. She has waged a tough war with the candidates of other major parties including Ramana Kumari Pedada of Congress, MVV Satyanarayana of YSR Congress and MV Sribharat of the TDP. Again a tough game is seen in the Vijayawada constituency where the BJP has fielded Dilip Kumar Kilaru, Congress has nominated Naraharasetti Narsimha Rao, TDP has nominated Kesineni Srinivas alias Nani and the YSR Congress had sent Potluri Vara Prasad to fight with them. All over the state, the results could bring surprising turns and twists.
Popular on BI
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India