Apple And Samsung Will Have To Run Through A Whole New Patent Trial
U.S. District Court judge Lucy Koh issued a ruling Friday ordering a retrial with respect to $450 million in damages, reducing the damages Samsung currently owes Apple to $598 million.
Koh wrote that she'd found that the jury had relied on an "impermissible legal theory" in making its original billion-dollar award in Apple's favor.
Koh also denied Apple's request for an increase in the jury's award of damages.
So, in other words, patent lawyers won.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day