Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak: Jack Dorsey is doing a better job of fighting tech scandals than Mark Zuckerberg
AP Photo/Luca Bruno
- Steve Wozniak said in an interview with Bloomberg that he thinks Jack Dorsey is doing more to counter tech scandals than Mark Zuckerberg.
- The Apple cofounder said he "lost a lot of respect" for Mark Zuckerberg watching him answer questions about Facebook.
- As an example of an ethical social media company, Wozniak named geolocation app Foursquare.
Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak has told Bloomberg that he thinks Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey is doing a better job of handling the techlash than Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg.When asked about Zuckerberg and Dorsey getting into hot water over recent scandals - which is sometimes referred to as the "techlash" - Wozniak said: "I think Jack Dorsey's doing a lot more than Mark Zuckerberg to correct it.
Zuckerberg appeared before Congress in April last year following the Cambridge Analytica scandal. Dorsey appeared before Congress in September and read out his opening statement as a series of tweets.Both tech founders have come under increasing scrutiny in the past 12 months. Recently, Dorsey stirred controversy after saying Twitter would "talk about it" internally if President Donald Trump called for his followers to murder a journalist.Wozniak did not elaborate as to why Dorsey is doing a better job than Zuckerberg, or the resources the firms are dedicating to tackling problematic content. Both social networks have been accused of facilitating the proliferation of hate speech.
As an example of an ethical tech company, Wozniak named Foursquare, a social media turned geolocation app which allows people to rate locations such as restaurants.
"They have been offered millions of dollars for their data on the users, and they've turned it down because it was unethical," Wozniak said. "So you can... draw the line at a good place."
- Public to be allowed to watch Karna assembly budget session
- Delhi Assembly's budget session to begin on March 8
- Patanjali’s Acharya Balkrishna is the biggest loser on Hurun’s Rich List of Indian billionaires
- Delhi CM announces Sharman Joshi-starrer movie 'Fauji Calling' tax free in Delhi
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Joe Root, and Kyle Mayers shortlist for ICC's Player of the month