Apple is making a dent in the high-end watch industry
Bloomberg notes that other factors may have contributed - macroeconomic uncertainty, for example - but the Apple Watch is certainly a part of the reason Swiss watch sales are falling.The Watch comes in three variants: A Sport model, which starts at £249 ($349); the Watch, which starts at £479 ($549); and the Edition model, which starts at £8,000 ($10,000).
The second generation version of the Apple Watch is rumoured to be pegged for a September announcement, with a smaller update - reportedly the addition of a FaceTime camera - coming in March.
Apple also recently made the Hermès edition of the Watch, which comes with the iconic strap and costs $1,500 (£999), available online rather than in a select few Apple Stores.
NOW WATCH: Hidden Facebook tricks you need to know
- After Google noticed a lack of diversity in most ads it surveyed, it has now launched a toolkit for marketers to help make advertising more inclusive
- Tata Motors and Tata Power have jointly set up India's largest solar carport, aims to reduce 7,000 tonnes of carbon emissions
- Best Electric Toothbrushes in India
- Top 2-ton split ACs for big rooms and halls
- Virat Kohli vs Kane Williamson: Checkout where you can watch the India vs New Zealand WTC final