Apple is sharply down after a research firm says iPhone 7 sales are down 25%
Getty Images/Andrew Burton
The stock dropped sharply at about 1:30 PM ET. Apparently, a German research firm, GfK, issued a report based on "channel checks" suggesting that iPhone 7 sales would be down from last year based on data from Europe and Asia.
People who have seen a copy of the report are saying that it claims that iPhone 7 unit sales are down 25% on an annual basis against last year's iPhone 6S model, although it does not measure sales in the United States.
GfK claims iPhone 7 unit sales are down 25% YoY Vs 6S. $AAPL- Justin Pulitzer (@JustinPulitzer) September 23, 2016
Here's the chart:
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders