Apple is the most valuable brand in the world - for the third year in a row
Apple has maintained the top spot since it pushed Coca-Cola off the throne in 2013.
The new report claims that the value of Apple's brand is $170.3 billion, up a huge 43% from last year. For comparison, Google's brand, which comes in number two, went up by only 12% to $120.3 billion.
Four of the top five brands are tech companies, with Google, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, and IBM following Apple.
The biggest leap this year, in terms of percentage, was Facebook, whose brand value shot up 54% to $22 billion. It came in at number 23.
The ranking system is based on a combination of financial performance, how effectively a brand influences customer choice, and how much of a premium price a brand can charge, thereby making profits.
Apple has, in recent years, been teaching a master class in that final item.
- Indian railways reduces fare of AC-3 tier economy tickets
- Microsoft introduces 'Bing Image Creator' powered by OpenAI's DALL-E
- Top 10 richest people in India – Nine of them lost money this year as per Hurun rich list
- From Salesforce to Air India, here are the companies that are using ChatGPT
- Adani Wilmar to Patanjali Foods: Listed companies with over 75 percent promoter holdings