Apple is the most valuable brand in the world - for the third year in a row
Apple has maintained the top spot since it pushed Coca-Cola off the throne in 2013.
The new report claims that the value of Apple's brand is $170.3 billion, up a huge 43% from last year. For comparison, Google's brand, which comes in number two, went up by only 12% to $120.3 billion.
Four of the top five brands are tech companies, with Google, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, and IBM following Apple.
The biggest leap this year, in terms of percentage, was Facebook, whose brand value shot up 54% to $22 billion. It came in at number 23.
The ranking system is based on a combination of financial performance, how effectively a brand influences customer choice, and how much of a premium price a brand can charge, thereby making profits.
Apple has, in recent years, been teaching a master class in that final item.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade