Apple just introduced a brand-new Apple Watch, the Apple Watch Series 4
Apple on Wednesday introduced a brand-new version of its best-selling smartwatch: the Apple Watch Series 4.
The new watch - which Apple announced on stage at its annual iPhone event in Cupertino, California - is an update to last year's version, the Apple Watch Series 3.The new watch has new features like the ability to measure your heart rate with an electrocardiogram, and a hardware redesign that gives it a larger display.
The Apple Watch Series 4 will come in gold, silver and space gray and will start at $399.
Here's a rundown of the specs:
- A nearly edge-to-edge display - the screen is now 30% larger than previous versions.
- New watch faces, including one with up to eight customizable complications, or special features
- The digital crown now has haptic feedback
- The speaker is 50% louder, which means it's better for making phone calls and using Siri
- The back is now made from ceramic and crystal, which means radio waves can pass through the front and back for better cellular reception
- A new S4 chip
- A faster, 64-bit processor
- A new accelerometer and gyroscope that let the watch detect falls
- New heart rate tracking, including a new low heart rate notification and atrial fibrillation detection
- Built-in sensors that let you take an electrocardiogram, or ECG. Apple says it has received clearance from the FDA for its heart rate tracking features
- Like the Apple Watch Series 3, it will be swimproof and have built-in GPS
- 18 hours of battery life
- It will run WatchOS 5, Apple's new smartwatch operating system
The Apple Watch Series 4 will go on sale on TK.