Apple just released a cryptic new teaser for its upcoming TV show starring Jennifer Aniston and Steve Carell and people are completely bewildered
- Apple released the first teaser trailer for its original series "The Morning Show" on Monday.
- "The Morning Show," arriving this fall with the launch of Apple's TV Plus service, is about the "complex relationships between men and women on the set of a morning television show."
- The show's teaser trailer, which doesn't show any of the cast, left many people confused.
- "Is this show about ghosts?" one person wondered.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple is launching a new premium-TV subscription service later this year, and its original series "The Morning Show" will be a huge part of it.
Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, and Steve Carell - the three stars of "The Morning Show" - were on hand at Apple's big "Showtime" event in March to introduce their series alongside the announcement of the Apple TV Plus service. Witherspoon and Aniston, who are also executive producers on the show, said the series is about "complex relationships between men and women on the set of a morning television show."
While we saw a couple of brief moments from "The Morning Show" back in March, we didn't get an official look at the series until Monday, when Apple released the first full teaser for the program.
Unfortunately for Apple, the teaser appears to have confused a lot of people.
First of all, here's the teaser trailer for "The Morning Show," embedded below. It's less than a minute. Give it a watch.
With the moody voice-overs playing over an empty and dimly lit office environment, some people were naturally wondering where the actors were.
Some people just didn't understand what the teaser was trying to accomplish.
Some people remarked that they learned more information about the show back in March, at Apple's event, compared to its actual trailer.
Some people were hoping for more definitive information about the show's plot, or characters.
It's unclear if this guy actually liked the trailer or not.
Polarizing teaser trailer aside, a lot of people still seem really excited for the show.
"The Morning Show" is scheduled to arrive this fall, exclusively for the Apple TV Plus service on the Apple TV app.
- The last Solar Eclipse of 2021: Date, time and everything you need to know
- Ahmedabad and Bengaluru see a big jump in hiring activity in November
- ‘Right person at the right time’ — Here’s a sneak-peek at economist Gita Gopinath’s journey so far
- The best Netflix alternatives to watch Korean dramas and movies in India
- Gartner predicts opt-out rate for mobile app tracking to decline by 2023 as Apple, Google aim to control it