Apple May Introduce A New iPad Mini With Retina Display On Thursday
Past reports have been uncertain as to whether Apple would choose to launch the second-generation Retina iPad Mini alongside the iPad Air, or wait to release it alongside the rumored 12.9-inch iPad early next year.
Both the updated iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini are likely to see Apple's Touch ID fingerprint sensor, which was first introduced with the iPhone 5S.
Interestingly enough, MacRumors is reporting that while the iPad Air is rumored to include Apple's new A8X processor inside, the Retina iPad Mini may include only the A8, a slightly less powerful processor.
Apple is scheduled to introduce the new iPad lineup at a press event Oct. 16, where the company is also rumored to be announcing a new high-resolution iMac and release date for its OSX Yosemite Mac operating system. It may also introduce a new Apple TV, which hasn't seen a meaningful update since 2010.
Business Insider will be attending the event and will provide live coverage of any new announcements.
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states
- Sunil Kanugolu: The poll strategist behind Congress' win in Telangana
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP