Apple May Introduce A New iPad Mini With Retina Display On Thursday
Past reports have been uncertain as to whether Apple would choose to launch the second-generation Retina iPad Mini alongside the iPad Air, or wait to release it alongside the rumored 12.9-inch iPad early next year.
Both the updated iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini are likely to see Apple's Touch ID fingerprint sensor, which was first introduced with the iPhone 5S.
Interestingly enough, MacRumors is reporting that while the iPad Air is rumored to include Apple's new A8X processor inside, the Retina iPad Mini may include only the A8, a slightly less powerful processor.
Apple is scheduled to introduce the new iPad lineup at a press event Oct. 16, where the company is also rumored to be announcing a new high-resolution iMac and release date for its OSX Yosemite Mac operating system. It may also introduce a new Apple TV, which hasn't seen a meaningful update since 2010.
Business Insider will be attending the event and will provide live coverage of any new announcements.
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- Scammers are exploiting Google, Amazon and Apple’s services to steal crypto
- Widening tax base should be a focus area in the Union Budget, says Primus Research
- India's electronics manufacturing and exports can reach $300 billion by 2025-26: MeitY-ICEA
- Swiggy is now valued more than Zomato
- OnePlus 10R with MediaTek Dimensity 9000 SoC tipped to launch in India by Q2 end