Apple new $5 billion 'Spaceship' campus is going to host its first big event - the new iPhone launch
The tagline? "Let's meet at our place."
The event will take place on Apple's new campus, Apple Park, which has been estimated to cost as much as $5 billion.
The actual keynote speeches won't be held in the company's icononic "Spaceship" headquarters on the campus, but in a new 1,000-set auditorium nearby that's named after Steve Jobs.
Earlier this week, the Wall Street Journal reported the date of the iPhone event, but noted that its timing and location could change because the new headquarters remains incomplete. However, Apple appears to have been satisfied enough with the campus' progress to proceed with holding the gathering there.
The event will be the first time Apple has invited a large number of outsiders to check out its new headquarters.
Thanks to intrepid drone photographers, we have a good look at Apple's shiny new underground theatre.
These photos were taken by Duncan Sinfield in a video posted on August 24:
- Slip and slide: Ten brands that shed the most value in 2023
- Ready to debut: Two Tata SUVs to see facelifts this October, and more
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance