Apple reportedly in talks with India to manufacture locally
The Journal said Apple, in a letter to the federal government in November, outlined manufacturing plans and asked for financial incentives.
Government representatives were not available to comment while an
Local manufacturing would help Apple open retail stores in the country where its iPhones account for less than 2 percent of Indian smartphones sales.
AdvertisementTaiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd (
Popular on BI
- A new Star Trek NFT is stored on the DNA of bacteria, and there are billions of copies already
- Best 2K ultrawide monitors for gaming and streaming
- Best budget smartphones for gaming
- Best gaming keyboards with macro keys
- Best ergonomic mice for long working hours