Apple spent $1 million on the stairs in the new San Francisco Apple Store
The data shows that Apple expected to spend $23.6 million building and renovating the store, based on the construction permits it obtained. Nineteen million dollars of that was slated for the exterior of the building.
Those are just ballpark figures - Apple gave these numbers to San Francisco City Hall before construction actually began, so real costs could be higher.
Here's what a half-million-dollar staircase looks like:
- Neobanking platform Vance raises $5.8 million in seed round led by Hummingbird Ventures
- Natural gas price increase negative for GAIL, IGL, marginal beneficiary is RIL: Jefferies
- Auto sales remain buoyant in September with reports of a good festive season ahead
- IAF scrambles fighter jets after bomb scare on Iranian civilian plane in Indian airspace
- Delhi reports over 400 cases of dengue in a week, taking the tally to 937