Apple wants to blow up cable TV
Apple is talking to TV programmers about offering their content directly over the web, according to Re/code's Peter Kafka.
The talks, which seem to be in early stages, would let people with an Apple TV access certain channels buy purchasing access directly through Apple rather than a cable company or other provider.
Apple had been trying to work with cable providers, but its progress hit a wall when cable companies expressed apprehension about Apple's ambitions for the set-top box.
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala