Apple's new premium leather case for the $999 iPhone X costs $99
If you want Apple's top-of-the-line leather case to go with it, be prepared to spend $100 more.
Apple will be selling a leather folio case, which includes a flap that covers the phone's screen, for the iPhone X. Just added to the company's website, the case will come in four colors - a dark "cosmos" blue, taupe, black, and "berry" red - and will cost $99.
That said, the folio case will do things those cases can't, including waking up your phone when you open it and putting your phone to sleep when you close it. The case can also store your credit cards, ID, and cash.
The new case isn't yet available and likely won't be until the iPhone X itself is on sale. Apple will begin taking preorders for its new flagship phone on October 27 through its website. The iPhone X will hit retail stores on November 3.
Here's a closer look at the new leather folio case in its four colors:
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- Twitter sued by advisory firm for not paying $1.9 mn as Musk deal fees
- Artist recycles e-waste from banks into 10-ft-tall statue
- Nine of top-10 firms add Rs 1.88 lakh cr in m-cap; ITC biggest gainer
- India biggest exporter of vaccines, mobile phones: Union Minister Thakur
- 'Waste to wonder' park coming up in Agra