Apple's new premium leather case for the $999 iPhone X costs $99
If you want Apple's top-of-the-line leather case to go with it, be prepared to spend $100 more.
Apple will be selling a leather folio case, which includes a flap that covers the phone's screen, for the iPhone X. Just added to the company's website, the case will come in four colors - a dark "cosmos" blue, taupe, black, and "berry" red - and will cost $99.
That said, the folio case will do things those cases can't, including waking up your phone when you open it and putting your phone to sleep when you close it. The case can also store your credit cards, ID, and cash.
The new case isn't yet available and likely won't be until the iPhone X itself is on sale. Apple will begin taking preorders for its new flagship phone on October 27 through its website. The iPhone X will hit retail stores on November 3.
Here's a closer look at the new leather folio case in its four colors:
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Tesla launches Cybertruck at $60,990, delivers to 1st batch of customers
- GDP reading, exit polls push Nifty to record high; Sensex jumps over 400 points
- Plan your year-end – Banks shut for nine days all over India in December
- Flair pens a successful debut, lists at 65% premium
- ATF price cut by 4.6 pc; commercial LPG rate hiked by Rs 21