Apple's streaming service, Apple TV Plus, will cost just $5 a month when it launches November 1
- Apple TV Plus will launch November 1 and cost just $5 a month, CEO Tim Cook announced Tuesday.
- Cook revealed the details about Apple's streaming service at the company's keynote event, where new iPhones and Apple Watches were also announced.
- The $5 pricepoint ranks Apple TV Plus among the cheapest of streaming services out there, although Apple's service won't include any licensed content beyond its original content.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple TV Plus, the company's new streaming service, will cost just $5 a month when it launches on November 1.Apple CEO Tim Cook made the announcement Tuesday at Apple's biggest event of the year, where the company is expected to announce a new lineup of iPhones and Apple Watches.Advertisement
The $5 price tag for Apple TV Plus puts the company's streaming service among the cheapest out there. Rivals cost at least a few dollars more: Disney Plus costs $7 a month, and Amazon Prime Video costs at least $9 a month. Hulu costs $6 a month for its basic plan, while Netflix and HBO each offer their services for more than $10.Previous reports indicated that Apple was planning to charge $10 a month for Apple TV Plus, so the lower pricepoint may come as a surprise to some. But Apple TV Plus won't include any licensed content like streaming competitors - it'll only be a place to showcase Apple's original shows and movies.
Apple has announced more than 20 original shows that will launch exclusively on Apple's ad-free streaming service. This will include series starring big names like Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, and Steve Carell.When it launches November 1, the ad-free subscription service will be available in over 100 countries.Additionally, one year of Apple TV Plus will be available for free for anyone who purchases an Apple device.Advertisement
NOW WATCH: Why bidets haven't caught on in the US
- Record 108 cases on Sat takes Goa COVID-19 count to 1,684
- Five deaths, 1,850 new COVID-19 cases in Telangana
- COVID-19: No written exam for final year semester in Visva Bharati University
- Hisar MP Brijendra Singh tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19: 11,000 Maha jail inmates released temporarily so far