APPLY NOW: Business Insider is hiring a senior producer for Business Insider Today
Business Insider Today
The most popular news show on Facebook, Business Insider Today, is looking for an ambitious journalist who is overflowing with ideas. This person has a strong mastery of storytelling and writing for video, and is excited at the prospect of inspiring and mentoring other producers.
The senior producer will be a major force in building the weekly editorial agenda, planning coverage, giving feedback on pitches and overseeing production of individual segments and episodes.
The ideal candidate has a sharp eye for a story. They should be able to quickly craft original angles on developing news stories based around strong visuals and original reporting. Business journalism experience is a plus, but the most important quality is enthusiasm for finding ways to fold highly visual, character driven, or quirky lifestyle pieces into a business show.
Most importantly, the Senior Producer will need to clearly communicate with producers, and support them through the reporting, production and scripting process.
- Managing a team of 5-7 producers.
- Regularly coming up with segment and episode ideas, and helping producers execute on those ideas.
- Overseeing episode rundowns, and weaving segments together into a unified show.
- Being creative about sourcing visuals from wires, user generated content, eye-witness video, archival sources in addition to sending producers into the field.
- Regularly giving robust, constructive feedback to help producers elevate their reporting and storytelling.
Ideal candidate requirements:
- 5+ years producing digital video journalism
- Proven track record of compelling writing style, specifically for TV or video.
- Experience working under high journalistic standards, and a passion for deep original reporting.
- Enthusiasm for business news, with an eye for strong visuals.
If this sounds like your dream job, APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you should be a senior producer on Business Insider Today. Please also send a demo reel or samples from projects that you have worked on.
Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits. This is a full-time position based in our NYC office.