APPLY NOW: Insider Inc. is hiring a director of engineering
We are looking for a passionate, experienced, engineering leader to run our Engagement development team. Our diverse Engineering team is growing and we need seasoned leaders to help inspire, guide and mentor our Engineers. If you believe in making your team better than you; are passionate about user experience; have an innate curiosity for how things work; then this might be the opportunity you are looking for.
This role specifically focuses on the team that owns the consumer experience as it pertains to our Digital sites (e.g. Insider.com, BusinessInsider.com) and Mobile applications. You will partner with the the Product team to build world class experiences for our readers.What you would do:Advertisement
- Help build a culture of excellence and collaboration.
- Partner closely with Product, Design and Edit to help provide strategic direction and consult on key issues.
- Set a clear direction for the team with goals for both the group and the individuals.
- Manage resources to get the best out of every team member.
- Hire best in class engineers to augment and improve the team.
- Grow our engineers through mentorship, support and challenging them.
- Help build and communicate the broader vision of the whole Engineering team.
- Influence decision-making at all levels within the organization.
- Communicate effectively with people of varied skill sets, experience and backgrounds.
- Be kind. Be trustworthy. Be innovative. Lead by example.
- 5+ years managing Engineering teams.
- An Engineering background actively developing.
- 7+ years in the Engineering field.
- Ability to inspire and motivate.
- Able to manage senior stakeholders.
- Experience using agile development processes.
- Have worked in media.
- Product management experience.
- Experience using analytics and performance measurement.
- Experience managing globally distributed teams.
- Knowledge of design thinking methodologies.
- Can communicate in Morse code.
About us:Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
- Facebook, Twitter slam Trump's executive order on social media
- Orders on Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal show Indians are preparing to stay home for a long time
- A deal with Google is not the only lifeline Vodafone Idea is betting on
- Wipro appoints Theirry Delaporte as new CEO after his 25 year stint with Capgemini
- 57% Indians not happy with the relaxed norms: Survey