Arizona's Crazy 'Sheriff Joe' Arrests A Six-Year Old Girl Suspected Of Illegal Immigration
The Arizona Republic reports that the girl was with 15 other people suspected of coming into the U.S. illegally, and has been turned over to
The arrest occurred just hours after Obama announced that he was ordering a halt on deportations of young undocumented immigrants who do not pose a risk to national security. Arpaio — a conservative media firebrand who goes by the moniker "Sheriff Joe" — immediately spoke out against the order, and vowed to keep arresting undocumented immigrants, regardless of their age.
"We enforce the human-smuggling laws here," Arpaio told the Republic. "Every chance I can get to take action on my own without turning them over to ICE, I do. Especially with the new
"Are we going to get more of these situations where illegals feel like now they're going to be safe? I don't know," he said.
h/t Huffington Post
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Aditya Birla AMC IPO’s grey market premium stands at ₹70 per share; up 10% from issue price band
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state