Assam exit poll 2019 for Lok Sabha Elections
|Assam Exit Poll|
|Party Names||2014 Result||IPSOS-News18||Todays's Chanakya||TimesNow - VMR|
|BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party)||7||9||10||6|
|INC(Indian National Congress)||3||3||3||7|
Spread over an area of 78,438 square kilometers and sharing its borders with the North Eastern states of the country, Assam has a total number of 2,18,15,823 voters among whom the males are 1,11,86,860 and females are 1,06,28,460. The third gender voters in the state are 503 in number.
During 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Assam gave 7 seats to the BJP and 3 seats were bagged by AIUDF. The Congress party won from 3 constituencies while just 1 seat was given to other parties. In 2009 general elections for the Lok Sabha, the state gave 7 seats to the Congress party while BJP could win only from 4 constituencies. The performance of the Congress party was good in 2009 general elections when the party won from 9 constituencies with BJP claiming only 2 seats.
The total number of Lok Sabha seats in Assam are 14. Among them, 1 seat is reserved for the scheduled castes and 2 are earmarked for the scheduled tribes. The state can send 7 Rajya Sabha members to represent it. The number of assembly constituencies in Assam are 126. The latest assembly elections in the state of Assam were held in May 2016. The Lok Sabha elections 2019 happened in the state in three phases on April 11, April 18 and April 23.
- UTI AMC’s ₹2,160 crore IPO opens today — Here’s all you need to know
- World Heart Day 2020: There has been a 10-20% surge in heart diseases from pre-COVID times in India — Here’s why
- Defence Ministry pegs Pakistan's LoC ceasefire violations at 3,186 so far this year
- PD Vaghela to take over as TRAI chairman from R S Sharma
- Covid-19 tests that give results in minutes to be rolled out across world