At this New York City pet hotel, dogs can sleep in suites bigger than some Manhattan apartments
New York City's D Pets Hotel will spoil your dog rotten.
For $200 a night, your dog can have a room that's bigger than some New York City apartments, all to themselves.
If they get lonely, flat-screen TVs can keep them company, showing dog-themed movies like "Beverly Hills Chihuauha" and "Fox and the Hound." When not resting, they can play with other dogs, get pedicures, or chow down on a custom-prepared meal of brown rice and meat.
D Pets Hotel is a self-proclaimed "home away from home" for dogs. Pet owners who are working or traveling can drop off their dog for extended periods of time either during the day or overnight.
After her first D Pets Hotel was a success in Hollywood, franchise owner Kerry Brown - who had previously done US marketing for Lululemon for eight years - saw an opportunity to grow her business in New York. She opened the Chelsea location in 2012.
Brown, who is also the day-to-day hotel manager, talked to Business Insider about D Pets Hotel's services and the extra care they give their special guests.
- Best floodlights for outdoors in India
- CCI approves HDFC Bank's acquisition of 4.99% stake in HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- Best front lights for bicycles in India
- Best document scanners for office and home use in India
- BCCI announces two new IPL teams — Check out the owners of Lucknow and Ahmedabad franchises