AT&T and Verizon's 5G networks are coming this year and your internet speeds will be insanely fast when they arrive
AT&T announced on Wednesday that it'll begin rolling out its 5G network later this year.
That now makes for two major telecommunication companies in the US that will offer 5G networks in 2018, as Verizon announced in late 2017 that it'll also be rolling out its 5G network in late 2018.Verizon and AT&T haven't explicitly stated the speeds we can expect when their 5G networks arrive, but we do know that 5G will be much faster the current 4G LTE mobile networks we have today. And it even has the potential to be faster than wired internet connections, too. Advertisement
When the 5G wireless standard hits the mainstream, our mobile and home internet speeds have the potential to be so fast that we'll be downloading 4K movies, games, apps, and any other large form of content at a fraction of the time we're used to.
- Facebook removes false accounts linked to Brazil's Bolsonaro
- WB reports highest single-day spike of nearly 1,000 COVID-19 cases
- IIT-KGP extending additional Rs 3,000 to emergency workers on campus
- Pune district adds record 1,618 COVID-19 cases; 25 more die
- 78 new COVID-19 cases in Jharkhand, tally rises to 3,134