Audi convinced me - the new 2016 TT Coupe is actually a mini R8
Bryan Logan/Business Insider
The women and men at Audi are brilliant maniacs, and they're going for the jugular of Mercedes-Benz and BMW.
If the 2016 TT Coupe is any indication of Audi's success so far, the other brands should be shaking in their Pirellis.
One thing you should know about the completely redesigned Audi TT Coupe is that Audi - the company best-known for its workhorse sports sedan - the A4, its luxury SUV - the Q7, and its unapologetic misfit - the R8, is that Audi completely went in on the TT.
In this 3rd-generation example, the TT is sharper and quicker, with the kind of next-generation technology that makes it a truly world-class luxury sports coupe.
Audi told me they specifically engineered this car to be a "mini R8." That's a bold declaration considering the real R8 is the fraternal twin of the Lamborghini Huracan - and both of those supercars will leave you breathless.
After driving the 2016 TT down California's winding coastal highways between San Francisco and Santa Cruz this weekend, it's clear to me that Audi is dead serious. The TT is a mini R8.
Come with me, I'll explain.
(Note: The TT we acquired for this test was rented via Audi's On-Demand app. A post on our experience with Audi On-Demand will come later.)
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates