Axis Bank gives new boost to payment banking, launches Lime app
AdvertisementAxis Bank has launched an app, Lime that helps you to do mobile wallet transaction and ease all your online and offline payments. Also, one would be able to do compare and buy products and services online. What’s more interesting is, the entirely mobile based transactions will enable users to open savings bank account and process KYC – all through the mobile.
First initiated by Federal Bank of India, online opening of bank account will certainly be the best bait to lure customers.
With Lime, users can compare products across online shopping portals and shop within the app. Also, users can book flights, bus tickets, movies and plan vacations without leaving the app. The payment functionalities in the app allow users to do proximity payments at offline merchants through mobile & sound.
Besides, this app will let one save smart. With Piggy Bank feature, users can invest directly into a high yield deposit through the app.
Commenting on the launch, Ms. Shikha Sharma, Managing Director and CEO, Axis Bank said, “Customer preferences are changing rapidly and technology is transforming the way these preferences are being met. Our effort has been to constantly innovate through the use of smart technology to meet these evolving needs. LIME is the next big step in this journey."
This launch comes soon after the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved licenses for payment banks for third party transactions.
Popular on BI
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World