Bajaj Auto share price spikes as company gains market share
- Bajaj Auto announced its earnings for the first quarter of FY20.
- Bajaj Auto’s profits stood at ₹1126 crores as compared to ₹1115 crores in the same quarter last year.
- Its share price jumped by 4% after it announced earnings.
The company led by Chief Executive Officer Rajiv Bajaj in the domestic motorcycle segment, has a market share of 18.3% against 16.3% in Q1FY19. Meanwhile, in the sports segment, the company continues to enjoy a market share of nearly half the segment.
This came at a cost. Overall margins shrank to 16.1% from 18.3% because automobile demand has been on a downtrend last few months. At a time when the sales for the entire two-wheeler industry fell 9%, Bajaj Auto clocked a 1.6% growth in sales between April and June 2019.
Bajaj Auto’s profits stood at ₹1126 crores, just a tad higher than the figure the same time last year. It’s consolidated profit after tax stood at ₹1012 crores, down 2.8% from a year earlier. Its total revenue from operations grew 3.8% to ₹ 7,756 crores.
- IPL 2020: Every IPL viewer will know about us and the importance of upskilling and lifelong learning by the end of the tournament: Arjun Mohan, upGrad
- Opposition will boycott rest of the Monsoon session if suspension of MPs is not revoked, says Congress' Ghulam Nabi Azad
- India’s non-profits are fuming as the government tightens the leash on foreign contributions
- Farmers need thousands of market and not one, says former Finance Minister
- Top stock movers — GMM Pfaudler, SBI, RIL, HDFC Bank, IOC, IDBI and more