Bajaj Auto share price spikes as company gains market share
- Bajaj Auto announced its earnings for the first quarter of FY20.
- Bajaj Auto’s profits stood at ₹1126 crores as compared to ₹1115 crores in the same quarter last year.
- Its share price jumped by 4% after it announced earnings.
AdvertisementBajaj Auto’s share price jumped by over 4% as the country’s leading two and three-wheeler maker gave up margin for more market share.
The company led by Chief Executive Officer Rajiv Bajaj in the domestic motorcycle segment, has a market share of 18.3% against 16.3% in Q1FY19. Meanwhile, in the sports segment, the company continues to enjoy a market share of nearly half the segment.
This came at a cost. Overall margins shrank to 16.1% from 18.3% because automobile demand has been on a downtrend last few months. At a time when the sales for the entire two-wheeler industry fell 9%, Bajaj Auto clocked a 1.6% growth in sales between April and June 2019.
Bajaj Auto’s profits stood at ₹1126 crores, just a tad higher than the figure the same time last year. It’s consolidated profit after tax stood at ₹1012 crores, down 2.8% from a year earlier. Its total revenue from operations grew 3.8% to ₹ 7,756 crores.
Popular on BI
- The rising affluence of small town consumers driving demand for premium products
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore