Baker Mayfield shotgunned a beer on the jumbotron at a Cleveland Indians game and sparked a 5-run rally
@Indians / Twitter
- Baker Mayfield shotgunned a beer on the jumbotron at a Cleveland Indians game over the weekend.
- Just minutes after Mayfield's impromptu rallying of the crowd, the Cleveland offense came alive, scoring five runs in the bottom half of the inning.
- After the game, Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor credited Mayfield and his beer-chugging abilities.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Baker Mayfield attended a Cleveland Indians game over the weekend and provided the team with an unexpected spark of offense in impressive fashion.While Mayfield couldn't get down to the field and hit a home run himself, he appeared on the stadium's jumbotron in the fifth inning, saluting the crowd and taking a sip of his beer. Thinking fast, he called for another beer which was thrown to him and shotgunned it, standing as the crowd's ovation swelled. He then turned around, pointed at his Francisco Lindor jersey, and urged the crowd to get loud.Advertisement
Read more: Baker Mayfield courted his wife by repeatedly following and unfollowing her on Instagram to get her attention
The Indians shared the moment on Twitter, joking about Mayfield's on-and-off feud with radio personality Colin Cowherd.In the bottom half of the inning, shortly after Mayfield's chugging, the Indians offense came alive, breaking out with a five-run inning capped by a three-run home run from Lindor.
The Indians would go on to defeat the Angels, 7-2.After the game, Lindor credited Mayfield for his attendance and his beer-chugging abilities. "We all appreciate him," Lindor said, per ESPN. "We're all a fan of him. What he did with the beer was pretty impressive."As of Monday, the Indians are an impressive 66-45 on the season, but still trailing the Minnesota Twins in the AL Central by three games. Should their race for the division come down to the wire, don't be surprised if Mayfield is once again a guest of honor a few more times before the Browns season begins in full force.Advertisement
- Read more:
"I just don't like the idea of my franchise quarterback spending time at a baseball game. I mean, what are you doing, @bakermayfield? You don't see guys like Aaron Rodgers shotgunning beers. Just not a good look. Go watch some film." - @ColinCowherd (probably)- Cleveland Indians (@Indians) August 4, 2019
NOW WATCH: How to survive an alligator attack
- Specialist from AIIMS to provide guidance on clinical management of COVID-19 to docs in17 states
- NSDC, Microsoft to impart digital skills to 1 lakh youth in India
- Mayor in home quarantine after PA tests positive for COVID-19
- Sri Lanka for the first time records birth of twin elephant calves
- Samsung Crystal UHD, Unbox Magic 3.0 Smart TV series now in India