Barcelona scored 2 of the prettiest goals of Champions League play thus far en route to taking down Tottenham
Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images
- Barcelona defeated Tottenham in Champions League play on Wednesday 4-2.
- The win came with the help of two beautiful goals from Barcelona, including one from the foot of captain Lionel Messi.
- With the win, Barcelona kept its spot atop Group B in Champions League play.
After jumping to a 1-0 lead, Barcelona's second goal of the day came from the foot of attacking midfielder Ivan Rakitic.
Barcelona won a hard-fought contest against Tottenham in Champions League play on Wednesday with the help of two of the prettiest goals we've seen so far in the competition.
In the second half with Tottenham mounting a comeback, captain Lionel Messi took over to once again extend Barcelona's lead. After playing the ball wide, Messi delayed his run into the box until just the right moment. Two teammates faked an attack on the ball, drawing in defenders and leaving Messi wide open to collect the centering pass and score.
The golazos wouldn't stop there.
Messi would go on to score late in the match to help Barcelona to a 4-2 victory to remain atop Group B of the Champions League.Barcelona will continue Champions League play on October 23 with a match against Inter Milan.
Just Cancel the game when Messi retire.- BarcaMedia (@BarcaTimesTape) October 3, 2018
Boy oh Boy, What a Lovely goal. pic.twitter.com/t8KhYtWhBW
- Hero MotoCorp, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and other stocks to watch out for on May 6
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16