BBC presenter Andrew Neil: Publish my pay because I work hard for it
Neil was questioned about his pay by the Radio Times after the cross-party Culture Media and Sport Committee said last week that the BBC should reveal how much its biggest stars earn if they take home more than Prime Minister Theresa May.Neil, who hosts "The Daily Politics" and "This Week" for BBC1, confirmed that he gets more than May's £143,000 salary.
He added: "But if you divide my pay by the number of shows I do, I'm pretty far down the pecking order. I do almost 180 programmes a year - more than almost anybody else in the political sphere."
- Crypto exchange Bitex’s new utility token aims to simplify trading in rupee
- L’Oréal Paris and ambassadors Aditi Rao Hydari, Sobhita Dhulipala, Shakti Mohan and Mithali Raj share their heartfelt gratitude for heroes on International Nurses Day
- This cryptocurrency is valued at $45 billion, and it's just a day old
- India's geo imaging satellite launch delayed due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Gartner report reveals global chip shortage may continue till Q2 2022