Bernard Arnault just surpassed Bill Gates as the world's 2nd-richest person. Here are the 6 most recognizable brands he owns.
AP Images / Christophe Ena
- Bernard Arnault, the chairman and chief executive officer of LVMH, recently became the second-richest person in the world ahead of Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
- The company responsible for most of Arnault's wealth, LVMH, owns over 70 high-end fashion brands including perfumes, alcohol, and clothes.
- LVMH trades on the Euronext Paris exchange, and the stock is up 48% year-to-date.
- We've compiled the six most recognizable brands Arnault owns.
- Visit the Markets Insider home page for more stories.
Bill Gates is no longer the second-richest person in the world.
The tech billionaire who made his riches by way of Microsoft has found his fortune eclipsed by Bernard Arnault, the chairman and chief executive officer of luxury-goods conglomerate LVMH.
Arnault's ownership in LVMH helped lift his net worth to $108 billion as of Thursday's market close. The Paris-based fashion house owns luxury brands in perfumes, watches, alcohol, and clothing.
LVMH is listed on the Euronext Paris exchange, and the company is trading up 48% year-to-date. The rise in places Arnault behind only Amazon founder Jeff Bezos in terms of overall net worth.
Markets Insider is looking for a panel of millennial investors. If you're active in the markets, CLICK HERE to sign up.
Here are some of the biggest brands owned by LVMH:
5. Marc Jacobs
4. Christian Dior
3. Tag Heuer
1. Louis Vuitton