ChatGPT and Generative AI Around the World: Maturity, Opportunities, and Hurdles in Key Regions
ChatGPT has received a lot of press since its November 2022 launch. But while interest in the tool is high almost everywhere, its use is not yet universal.
In most regions around the world, high interest in generative AI is being matched by innovations related to the technology, deployment of the tool, and adoption by consumers. But the level of maturity across these three areas is not equal everywhere. The quick advancement of generative AI in Canada, Europe, and Latin America has resulted in successful start-ups in those regions. However, despite high interest in—and rapid adoption of— generative AI in Canada, Europe, and Latin America, it might not be smooth sailing for the technology. Regulation in each of these regions could be a major sticking point that scuppers faster maturation.
Although China's generative AI ecosystem is currently lagging behind, it is set to explode. This delayed approach may actually put China in a strong position since it will have already ironed out regulatory issues.
Infrastructure readiness will be a challenge, but regulatory readiness will be the biggest barrier to adoption—especially in markets where ChatGPT already has a foothold. In the full report, we take a look at the maturity levels of generative AI around the world, outline some of the region-specific challenges and opportunities, and speculate as to the future shape of the market in these regions. Click here to purchase the full report and use code CHATGPT100 for $100 off.
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu