Mastercard is pursuing touchless retail with two new AI-powered solutions
- This story was delivered to Insider Intelligence Payments & Commerce Briefing subscribers earlier this morning.
Mastercard unveiled two solutions set to help retailers digitize and simplify operations during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Shop Anywhere. Mastercard partnered with Accel Robotics to develop AI and computer vision technology that will allow customers to shop and pay without waits or checkout lines, creating an experience similar to autonomous checkout. It'll partner with Circle K, Delaware North, and one Dunkin' location to test the technology beginning in October.
- AI Powered Drive Through. The solution enables restaurants to offer customers personalized or dynamic menus on their mobile devices, based on store preferences, historical ordering trends, or other inputs. It can eliminate employee-led ordering and speed up wait times, and will be piloted at White Castle and other undisclosed quick-service chains this fall.
The new solutions might make Mastercard an attractive partner as the pandemic changes
- Join other Insider Intelligence clients who receive this Briefing, along with other Payments & Commerce forecasts, briefings, charts, and research reports to their inboxes each day. >> Become a Client
- Explore related topics more in depth. >> Browse Our Coverage
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat
- Larsen & Toubro sees a slowdown in new orders in the first three months of 2021 — management says contracts have been deferred
- Delhi plans to add 1,200 ICU beds in a day or two while daily Covid deaths drop to less than 300
- There is an online discount on the new Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme opening on Monday priced at ₹4,777 per gram