Which industries would benefit from real-time payment adoption?
- Faster digital payments are garnering greater interest from US financial institutions, businesses, and consumers.
- B2B, C2C, B2C use cases all stand to gain from shorter settlement times offered by real-time payments (RTP).
- Do you work in the Ecommerce and
Retailindustry? Get business insights on the latest tech innovations, market trends, and your competitors with data-driven research.
Faster digital payments are garnering greater interest from US financial institutions, businesses, and consumers. Over the past decade, several offerings in particular have risen to the forefront in the US, with some settling transactions in a matter of seconds. But those that don't deliver instant settlement are still viable, given the significant reach and ability of faster payment systems to handle both credit and debit transactions.
B2B, consumer-to-consumer (C2C), and business-to-consumer (B2C) payments all stand to gain from shorter settlement times, which offer greater financial flexibility and control. Faster payments' speed also provides valuable transparency for firms, which benefit from the certainty of immediate payment.
B2B paymentsB2B payments have been slow to digitize relative to other types of payments. But with the US B2B payment market set to reach $26.742 trillion in 2021, per our forecast, real-time payment (RTP) systems stand to reap gigantic rewards if they can gain even a sliver of the market.
Furthermore, $9.599 trillion will transact via Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments this year, and businesses that have already chosen to use ACH will be keen to upgrade to a faster digital payment option.
C2C paymentsC2C payments have quickly digitized, thanks to the rise of platforms like PayPal's Venmo and remittance firms including Remitly. Those platforms, as well as actual remittance services, are improving by incorporating faster payments.The US mobile peer-to-peer (P2P) payments market will reach $538.73 billion in 2021, according to our estimates.
The US mobile peer-to-peer (P2P) payments market will reach $538.73 billion in 2021, according to our estimates. These transactions already occur digitally, as do many remittances, so shifting to a faster platform should boost consumer appetite, since faster payments give consumers access to their funds sooner.
B2C paymentsThe quicker settlement speeds and additional transparency of faster payments are attractive to firms and consumers involved in B2C payments, which include bill payments, payroll, and retail. We forecast that retail sales will hit $5.630 trillion in the US in 2021. Also in this segment are bill payments, which hold an estimated value of $2.75 trillion annually, per doxo Insights.
Interested in getting the full report? Here's how you can gain access:
- Join other
Insider Intelligenceclients who receive this report, along with thousands of other Ecommerce & Retail forecasts, briefings, charts, and research reports to their inboxes. >> Become a Client
- Purchase the individual report from our store. >> Buy The Report Here
Are you a current Insider Intelligence client? Log in and read the report here.This article was originally published on eMarketer.
- Bharat Biotech begins covid 19 COVAXIN supply to 14 states based on central government's guidance
- This is the time for brands to play their part as responsible corporate citizens: Dheeraj Sinha, Leo Burnett
- Fauci, America's top medical advisor, calls on countries to help India make vaccines
- Karnataka witnesses chaos on the first day of its two-week lockdown
- KR Gowri, political leader and member of Kerala's first ministry, passes away