Bill Maher unloads on the 'sick culture of wealth'
"I'm sure the majority of rich people have always been greedy and selfish, but this crowd today takes it to a whole new level," the left-leaning Maher said. "Somehow it is not enough to spend lavishly on themselves. They have to actively take from others."
In his six-minute rant, Maher used the example of an American dentist's alleged slaying of a famous Zimbabwean lion to stress that Americans have an unhealthy obsession with wealth.
"In the game of America where money counts for everything, this is how you let other people know you won," Maher said. "Because you did something horrible and stupid that only you could get away with."
"We always hear about the sick culture of poverty. What about the sick culture of wealth?" Maher added.
He cited more examples in his rant, such as Californians who refuse to reduce their water usage amid a devastating drought and presidential campaign donors in general.
Watch the full video below:
NOW WATCH: Have you heard of 'the Tinder for elites'?
- Ready-to-move-in properties witness demand uptick in 2023
- Could BBMP’s new climate action plan for Bengaluru restore India's ‘Garden City’ to its former glory?
- Nifty closes just shy of 21K on gains in metal, IT shares; Sensex scales 70k-peak
- Online furniture brand Pepperfry registers Rs 188 cr losses in FY23
- Most searched movies in 2023 – Animal is not in the Top 10 and Adipurush beats Pathaan