BLOCKCHAIN IN BANKING: An inside look at four banks' early blockchain successes and failures
- This is a preview of the Blockchain in Banking research report from Business Insider Intelligence.
- 14-Day Risk Free Trial: Get full access to this and all Fintech industry research reports.
Since its emergence at the start of the decade, blockchain has been heralded as one of the most transformative technologies for financial services. Blockchain hype has led financial institutions (FIs) to pour money into the space and into distributed ledger technology more broadly: about $1.7 billion annually as of 2018, per research from Greenwich Associates cited by Bloomberg.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
In The Blockchain in Banking Report, Business Insider Intelligence explores early blockchain successes and failures at four major banks, identifies the lessons these early wins - and losses - have for the rest of the financial services industry, and outlines actionable steps that industry players can take to ensure the success of their own blockchain projects.The companies mentioned in this report are: Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ), Bank of America (BofA), Citi Bank, CME Group, Fidelity Investments, HSBC, IBM, JPMorgan, Marco Polo, Mastercard, Nasdaq, PayPal, Ripple, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), Santander, SWIFT, and Visa.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the report:
- Blockchain has been one of the most hyped technologies within financial services, heralded for its potential to eliminate pain points across the industry.
- Despite this enthusiasm, questions have come up about the technology's efficacy as FIs struggle to actualize blockchain solutions. Among the key challenges holding back blockchain adoption are scalability and performance, trust, and regulatory uncertainty.
- Yet, for all its difficulties, blockchain's promise to transform financial services processes has meant leading banks are attempting to figure out where the technology does and does not work firsthand, to varying degrees of success.
- To implement an effective blockchain solution, decision-makers should first determine how much they're willing to commit to the technology and identify a genuine business problem that blockchain can resolve. Only then should they develop a strategy for delivering a blockchain project.
- Details the key roadblocks holding backing blockchain adoption within financial services.
- Identifies the most promising use cases are which industry players are coalescing.
- Explores four banks' early blockchain project successes - JPMorgan and HSBC - and failures - Citi Bank and BofA - and the lessons they provide.
- Provides actionable recommendations on how banks can successfully pursue a blockchain project.
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now
- Subscribe to a Premium pass to Business Insider Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and more than 250 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you'll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
The choice is yours. But however you decide to acquire this report, you've given yourself a powerful advantage in your understanding of blockchain in banking.
- Nestle India, United Breweries, Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem and other stocks to watch out for on July 29
- India has limited options for weapons that can take down enemy drones
- International Tigers Day: Ten most interesting facts about the beautiful beasts
- Rolex Rings IPO gets subscribed 3.84 times on the first day of bidding
- If Spotify was a country, it would be bigger than the US as subscriber count hits 365 million