Blue Apron plunges more than 13% to an all-time low
- Blue Apron reported disappointing earnings results last week.
- Competition in the meal-kit delivery service is growing.
- Shares hit an all time low of $3.35.
- Watch the stock move in real time here.
Blue Apron is down 13.66% on Tuesday at $3.35 a share, a new all-time low.Advertisement
On Tuesday, there were no new downgrades from Wall Street and no announcements from the company. But still, the company plunged to new lows.
Blue Apron posted its third-quarter earnings earlier this month, reporting $210.6 million of revenue, which was higher than Wall Street's expectations. The company, however, still saw a bigger than expected loss per share of $0.47.Blue Apron said it reduced its marketing costs by 31% in the quarter, which was the reason for its 6% decline in total customers. The numbers continued to work against Blue Apron, as the cost of goods sold increased 13% year-over-year, accounting for 71% of its revenue in the most recent quarter.
The company's largest competitor, Hello Fresh, went public in Germany last week. Hello Fresh reported revenue growth in its most recent quarter, and a net loss much smaller than Blue Apron's.Blue Apron is down 66.13% since its initial public offering of $10 a share.Advertisement
- Maha lockdown: 1.21 lakh cases filed, over 23,600 people held
- Kotak Mahindra Bank shares rally nearly 8 pc; m-cap jumps Rs 18,076 cr
- 13 employees of Delhi LG office test COVID positive, 6 other govt officials infected too
- COVID-19: Delhi returnee tests positive in Arunachal Pradesh
- Aadesh Kumar Gupta replaces Manoj Tiwari as Delhi BJP chief