Boeing patented a jet engine powered by lasers and nuclear explosions
With airplane makers constantly on the lookout for new and more efficient ways to power their products, this laser engine is the latest idea cooked up by the engineers at Boeing.Modern airliners such as the Boeing Dreamliner are powered by multiple turbofan engines. These engines deploy a series of fans and turbines to compress air and ignite fuel to produce thrust.
As of now, the engine lives only in patent documents. The technology is so out-there that it is unclear whether anyone will ever build it.Here's a look at the inner workings of Boeing's futuristic engine with the help of some illustrations from PatentYogi.
- Crypto exchange Bitex’s new utility token aims to simplify trading in rupee
- L’Oréal Paris and ambassadors Aditi Rao Hydari, Sobhita Dhulipala, Shakti Mohan and Mithali Raj share their heartfelt gratitude for heroes on International Nurses Day
- This cryptocurrency is valued at $45 billion, and it's just a day old
- India's geo imaging satellite launch delayed due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Gartner report reveals global chip shortage may continue till Q2 2022