BONDS JUMP AFTER UGLY JOBS REPORT
The most dramativc move is coming from the bond market where the yield on the 10-year Treasury just dropped from 2.47% to 2.40%.U.S. companies added just 142,000 new payrolls in August, missing expectations for a gain of 230,000. Advertisement
July's number was revised up modestly to 212,000 from an earlier print of 209,000.
As expected, the unemployment rate ticked down to 6.1% from 6.2% in July. This came as the labor force particiapation rate slipped to 62.8% from 62.9%.More to come...
- 'Facebook, Google, Twitter won't be reined in by Trump order'
- Indian-origin S African appointed COO of company assisting in combating organised bank-related crimes
- Govt can't compel COVID-19 positive people into state quarantine facilities: South African court
- Defence secretary tests positive for COVID-19: Sources
- Highest spike of 1,513 fresh COVID cases in Delhi takes total to over 23K; death toll rises to 606