BONDS JUMP AFTER UGLY JOBS REPORT
The most dramativc move is coming from the bond market where the yield on the 10-year Treasury just dropped from 2.47% to 2.40%.U.S. companies added just 142,000 new payrolls in August, missing expectations for a gain of 230,000.
As expected, the unemployment rate ticked down to 6.1% from 6.2% in July. This came as the labor force particiapation rate slipped to 62.8% from 62.9%.More to come...
- Sensex registers worst trading day since May 2020 — ends nearly 2000 points lower
- HUL aims to achieve 100% plastic waste collection this year
- India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- Leader of Opposition, 4 other Cong MLAs suspended for rest of Budget session over alleged manhandling of Himachal Pradesh Governor. PTI DJI SMN ASH ASH
- Levi’s ad with global ambassador Deepika Padukone aims at inspiring a culture of sisterhood and celebrate individuality