'Borderlands 3' is one of this year's most anticipated games, and it's everything fans of the series could hope for
"Borderlands 3"/Gearbox Software
- "Borderlands 3" launched on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on September 13. It's the first new game in the series since "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" was released in 2014.
- Dazzling gunplay, customizable characters, and cooperative play make "Borderlands 3" a blast, and the game offers lots of small improvements on the formula that made the "Borderlands" series a cult classic.
- The game supports up to four players online and has split-screen for offline co-op. If you prefer to play alone, you can complete the story and everything else in offline mode.
- Fans of "Borderlands" will feel right at home with the game's irreverent style and crass humor, but the jokes aren't anything to write home about.
- "Borderlands 3" doesn't offer much in terms of innovation, but it's got enough fun and personality to last for years, just like "Borderlands 2."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
"Borderlands 3" was one of this year's most anticipated games, the long-awaited sequel to a cult-classic series that has captivated fans for years - and I'm happy to say, it doesn't disappoint."Borderlands 3" launched on September 13 across PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, and it's the first new "Borderlands" title in nearly five years, following up on the somewhat maligned "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel."
In "Borderlands 3," you'll choose from one of four "vault hunters" and power up their unique abilities as you progress through the game.
"Borderlands" has an outrageous style and humor that fans have come to appreciate.
"Borderlands 3" doesn't offer much innovation, but it's still one of the best shooting games around.
"Borderlands 3" has enough replay value to last for years, just the way "Borderlands" fans like it.
In "Borderlands 3," players are hunted by a dangerous cult called "The Children of the Vault" led by the Calypso Twins, Troy and Tyreen.
At the start of the game, The Calypso Twins have nearly taken control of Pandora, the planet at the center of "Borderlands 1 and 2."
Players choose between one of "Borderlands 3"'s four playable characters: Zane, Moze, FL4K, and Amara.
Zane, the operative, can use a variety of gadgets and make clones of himself.
FL4K is a beastmaster with multiple pets that can attack on their own in battle.
Amara is a siren, which means she can use psychic abilities to pummel her enemies.
Moze, the Gunner, can summon her mech Iron Bear to deal extra damage in firefights.
Each character in "Borderlands 3" has three separate skill trees, giving them dozens of customizable skills. That means that two people playing the same character can have completely different attack strategies.
Active abilities change wildly depending on which skills you equip, and there are dozens of powerful combinations to be found for each character.
As you eliminate the children of the vault and other enemies, you'll collect wild new guns. If you're playing with friends, you can set the game to give each party member different items.
Exploration is also a big part of "Borderlands 3" — you'll get hooked up with a vehicle less than 30 minutes after starting the game.
Eventually you'll be able to travel between different planets, a first for the "Borderlands" series. Each locale offers a completely different environment to experience.
For example, Eden 6 is a swampland planet with dangerous wildlife and few signs of civilization.
After you complete the story of "Borderlands 3," there are still plenty of additional challenges for players to take on together.
Personally, I think "Borderlands 3" is best-enjoyed with friends, but you can play the entire game offline by yourself if you prefer to go solo.
"Borderlands 3" is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The game's creators, Gearbox Software, plans to release updates to add more content and story to "Borderlands 3," and there will be regular patches to improve the gameplay.
- Google photos will charge $1.99 per month for 100 GB storage from June 1
- Best smartphones under ₹10,000 in India
- Tamil Nadu government to bear all expenses of COVID patients in private hospitals
- CoWin portal to make 4-digit security code mandatory from May 8