Bose Is Suing Beats For Copyright Infringement
AP and Jasper Sanidad
Apple bought Beats for $2.6 billion in May. That deal is expected to close in September.
The suit was filed today in a U.S. District Court in Delaware and centers on five patents relating to audio signaling and frequency compensation.
Apple is no stranger to patent litigation. The company has fought a prolonged legal battle with rival Samsung that seems to be winding down.
News of the lawsuit was first reported by CNBC:
Business Insider has reached out to both Apple and Beats and will update this post if we hear from either.
- Best 2K ultrawide monitors for gaming and streaming
- Best budget smartphones for gaming
- Best gaming keyboards with macro keys
- Best ergonomic mice for long working hours
- Best RGB mouse pads for your gaming setup